Originally Published in Issue 35 of 4Low Magazine
Make sure to subscribe to get the newest issues of 4Low Magazine right to your mailbox. CLICK HERE
Annually, The Off-Road Motorsports Hall of Fame inducts new members to their growing list of Hall of Famers. For 2020, seven new names are added: Dean Bulloch is the only four-wheel drive enthusiast and well-deserving.
Dean Bulloch has tried his hand at every adrenalin filled sport. From trials bikes to drag bikes to snowmobiles, rockcrawling to 4400 class racing to UTV racing. If it comes with speed and danger, you can count Dean in. As the founder of D&P Motorsports, an Arctic Cat dealer based in Cedar City, Utah, Dean has had access to some cool toys. He took that access and competitive knowledge to the people when we started fabricating race parts for Arctic Cat. He has raced King of the Hammers multiple times and has 5 National titles in rockcrawling.
Others who join him in the 2020 class are
- Bob Bower – safety enthusiast with ties to BFG and desert racing
- Danny Foddrill – manufacturer of suspension parts, supporter of numerous winning desert racing teams
- Jack Johnson – a legendary off-road motorcycle racer turned winning car and truck racer
- Roger Mears – legendary member of the Mears Gang race garage, a racer in his own right, the older brother to Rick Mears, 4-time Indy car champion. Roger won the Baja 1000 in the Jeep Honcho.
- Cal Wells III – famed owner of PPI race garage, Cal has raced and won, but more importantly introduced Toyota to the various forms of racing
- Tom White – early motorcycle racer and founder of White Brothers Cycle Specialties, Tom passed away from cancer in 2017.
To read an in-depth biography of each of the inductees, please go to https://ormhof.org/
To date there are 106 members of the Hall of Fame representing off-road motorsports in a variety of disciplines. From desert to motorcycle to journalistic pursuits, ORMHOF recognizes those with a minimum of fifteen years in the industry, not just racing, but making our off-road community better and sustainable.